“Inspiring A Growth Mindset”
Inspiring Children Towards A Growth Mindset
At Key Stage 4, it is an essential learning journey for SBIS students to be well-prepared in their transitions into A-Level, Pre-University or Foundation courses locally or internationally. Hence, SBIS Key Stage 4 programme strikes a balance between the curriculum and co-curricular to encourage the students to discover and pursue their passions and realise their full potential by crafting their personalised pathway. At the end of Key Stage 4, SBIS students will be prepared for the International General Certificate of Secondary Examination (IGCSE).
Lower Secondary Subjects
- Global Perspectives
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Art & Design
- Physical education
- Malay Language
- Mandarin (HSK)
- Islamic Studies (for Muslim students only)
- History (Malaysia History)
- Foreign Language (German & Spanish)
Upper Secondary Subjects
- English (as First Language / Second Language)
- Malay (as First Language / Foreign Language)
- Mandarin (as Second Language / Foreign Language)
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Combined Science
- Business Studies
- Global Perspectives
- Additional Mathematics
- Art & Design
- Physical Education
- Performing Arts
Monday to Thursday 8:00 AM – 3:40 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 12:40 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 3:10 PM
Break: 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Lunch: 1:10 PM – 1:40 PM
Thursday 3:40 PM – 4:30 PM
Friday – 1:40 PM or 3:10 PM onwards
Academic Year 2021/2022
Term 1 – 01st September 2021 – 3rd December 2021
Term 2 – 05th January 2022 – 08th April 2022
Term 3 – 25th April 2022 – 03rd August 2022
SBIS’s Secondary School Programme offers the Cambridge Secondary Curriculum which prepares its students for the IGCSE in their final year of secondary school.
Three (3) terms. Our intakes/terms for an Academic Year are as follows:
- Term One: September - December
- Term Two: January - March/April
- Term Three: April - August
Results will be released five (5) working days later. Depending on the results, we will issue an Offer Letter/Conditional Offer Letter or readvise Year to Join, or a Rejection. The level may change due to the exam results and interview notes - subject to discussion.
Secondary School Children are tested on English, Math and Science + interview with the Deputy Principal and Principal. Duration: 120-180mins.
Upon confirming your child’s age grouping, a completed application may be submitted to the school email address: email@example.com along with the following documents:
- Completed Application (Application Form, Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice, SBIS Fee Category and Agreement - All pages duly completed and signed)
- Copy of Student’s Malaysia Identity Card (All Passport page for International Students)
- Copy of both Parents Identity Cards (Biodata Page and Visa Pages of both the Parents for International Students)
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of Student’s Vaccination/Immunisation Card
- Copy of Student’s Previous/Current School Report (latest, at least 1 year) (academic and/or testimonials)
- 2 Passport sized photos
- Payment remittance advice of RM1,200 application fee (non-refundable and non-transferrable)
- Latest valid pass/visa (Student Pass/Dependent Pass) for International Students
In SBIS Secondary School, all secondary students are required to have an Apple MacBook for daily lessons and learning. This is also to promote and instill creativity by learning iMovie, Garageband, Coding and so on.
All secondary students will be exposed to M.B.A. as well. M.B.A. is a platform to cultivate the entrepreneurial mindset among students by exposing them to various industries through case studies, analysis of business strategies, excursions, surveys and interviews. It is an initiative to encourage secondary level students to apply their academic knowledge to the needs and demands of the real world. Steering towards current societal and economic issues, SBIS students have to think towards ways of which they may contribute to the community. Ideas and potentials are constantly discussed to encourage creativity and innovation in facing challenges.
The secondary school age requirements are: Age 11+ to 16+
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is the international equivalent of the GCSE/ O Levels examinations in the UK or SPM in Malaysia. The IGCSE offered at SBIS is prepared and marked by the Cambridge Assessment International Education Examination Board in the UK. The qualification is globally recognised and opens many doors for students studying locally or internationally.